Re: Bittorrent distribution of cdimages

Mattias Wadenstein wrote:

[about offering Debian CD-images via BitTorrent]
I suspect I'm not the only one that thinks that this might be a good idea.
I'm actually planning on offering this, what I'd like feedback on is how
official it should be.

I know that people like BitTorrent, and it that it is a nice P2P-System.
But what is the point of a second distribution system besides a perfectly working distribution system that uses already existing staging points?

I don't see an advantage in BitTorrent. It needs new software, users to spread data, extra administration, support. Moreover jigdo is IMO the best way to spread Debian CDs, thanks to the nature of ISO9660.

I'm shure there must be more arguments...

Patrick
--
Engineers motto:  | Patrick Strasser
[ ] cheap         | <past at sbox dot tugraz dot at>