Re: Distribution via Internet2

On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 08:18  AM, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Scott Atchley wrote:

Hi,

We have been asked to distribute your ISOs for Internet2-connected
users. We run a research testbed for sharable, wide-area, distributed
storage. We offer tools that allow users to store and retrieve data
stored on this testbed. Because these storage servers are on Internet2,
users connected to Internet2-connected campuses can download the
content at speeds from 30-90 Mbps (or faster if they have gigabit
connections to the backbone and all the way through to their machine).

You can read more about it at:

	http://linux.dsi.internet2.edu/

Looks like a fun project. From the looks of it you include european
educational sites too, is this correct?

Yes, we have several machines that are on GEANT or closely connected to it.

Please add the above link to your mirror list for the United States and
add "(for Internet2 users only)" after the link.

Ok, we'll get around to that in the general mirror listing overhaul that
we're going do do soon.

/Mattias Wadenstein - on a european acadmic link

Thanks,

Scott