Re: Bittorrent distribution of cdimages

On Mon, 5 Oct 2003, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> It would be good if debian had an official tracker (doesn't need to
> have the image but it would be good).

[...]

> I'm all for it. Bittorrent is still one of the best.

i've heard a fair amount of discussion about BT but still haven't
figured out how we can also use a P2P app in a S2C (server2client)
manner.  how can mirror sites also make available the ISO images
(and other files) available via the concept of a BT 'server' which
doesn't have to download anything but can be pointed at a file
or number of files which are then accessible via BT clients ?

and please don't say "just download the ISO and leave it running"
as that isn't a viable idea from a server POV.

regards,

-jason