Re: Debian/LFS

At 08:08 PM 5/25/2003 +1000, you wrote:
On Sun, 25 May 2003, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Homer Whittaker]
> > If I build a LFS or BFLS O/S starting off from Debian 3.0, can I use Debian > > Source files to download, update, and run apps on LFS via apt-get or dpkg?
> > Thank you for any information.  I am sort of in over my head.
>
> You are over my head too.  What is LFS and BFLS?

LinuxFromScratch.  e.g http://www.au.linuxfromscratch.org

but i am not sure if what the original poster described is possible (using debian
packages on an LFS system)

Well .... he says he's going to do LFS with Debian source code ... doesn't this mean he'll end up with Debian (from source)? ...and of course apt-get and dpkg should work.?

Or, is there some special magic needed?

I think you just do it and deal with the error messages. YMMV.
Regards, Gordon