Re: sid 12 Avril 2003 CD 1 iso is broken

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 07:27:10PM +0200, Eric Valette wrote:
> Indeed. I have sid installed after an upgrade from testing on my desktop
> and want it on my laptop. The sid unofficial iso is bootable and
> contains the sid packages. Unfortunately, the installer is broken but
> apparently nobody cares... At least a message on server saying the
> installer is broken would avoid downloading it in the hope of making an
> install. It is still interesting at it saves download for packages...

There are numerous warning you will run across that if you use sid, you
should be either subscribing to the appropriate lists so that you know
what is broken today, or else you are simply hacker enough to deal with
it yourself. sid has no training wheels and no guarantees. Caveat Emptor.
It works well most of the time, but it can be near dysfunctional for
weeks. There is nothing at all wrong with using sid; there is also little
or no sympathy if you do so without recognizing what you are getting into.

> So now It will try to make a minimal debian install and update to sid :-(

Nothing wrong with that. But things can still break badly, so be prepared
to dive in and sort them manually.