Re: Warning, CD-ROM order with LordSutch.com

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:23:48PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> I don't know what you're rambling, Christian, but Chris Lawrence
> (lordsutch) has definitely disappeared from the net.  I mailed him
> several times about reportbug and didn't get a reponse.

Isn't there some official procedure to find out if he is MIA?

> http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/#us lists him as selling CDs and I
> guess John wants to inform us that he's not actually processing orders
> and should therefore be removed from the listing.  Also,

So if he is really gone, maybe he should be removed from that list? But if
he is gone, did he collect the money for this set of CDs and never sent
anything out, or did he just never reply to the order? I still don't believe
that he rips people off. A few years ago he sent me a set of CDs to germany,
so I could test them on m68k, and he did not charge me a penny for it!
Last seen: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:53:04 on debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org
Thats a pretty long time, but not if you are busy with real life, vacation,
or maybe a broken leg due to a skiing accident...

> debian-cd@lists is given as contact address at the end of the above
> mentioned URL.

Oh, I did not know that, but it does not explicitely say complain about
vendors here. Especially since knoppix is not really a debian CD...

John, how did you pay for the CD, did Chris cash in you check, credit card,
whatever? Maybe there is a DD in the Netherlands, who is willing to give you
a knoppix CD. Or maybe one in germany. If there is noone around, I might
ship you one from the US, but my last download is a few months old, don't
know if thats ok with you. I just don't like bashing of debian developers
that contributed a lot and donate money to the project for every CD they
sell.

Christian