Re: newbie - debian 3.0ro to 3.0r1 possible ?

Linux Geek wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just got debian 3.0r0 .iso files (7 huge files)
>
> will i be able to update it to 3.0r1 without
> downloading the binaries again ?

Themost easiest way would be to add the following lines into your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main

Next run 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade' and your system will be
upgraded to the most recent update of the stable distribution.

You don't need to create a new CD set.

> http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/
>
> looks like 3.0r1 is not available yet - btw when it
> will be available ?

It is now.

If you created an r0 CD and left the .deb files creating a r1 CD
should not download all files again but only the new files.

However, you may want to use the update CD instead, which only
contains files that were updated on top of the r0 release.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds