Re: Patch for small cd images and producing them officially?

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 02:20:27PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> So, going from five to two netinst images will cause less rather than
> more confusion, I think.

Going from five to _one_ even less so!

The question is: Do we really *need* two different variants of netinst
images? For example, what "must-have" feature could a slightly larger
CD have over a business-card-sized one? And would this feature be
important for a significant percentage of users?

Additionally, if there are several variants, we must also *support*
them all, e.g. test them properly and provide end-user support for
them.

Any instructions on how to install Debian with the CDs would also
become more difficult for users to parse: "If you have variant A, cut
through the red wire. If variant B, cut through the blue wire." :)

I'd rather do just one thing, and do it properly...
Just my .02€,

  Richard

--
  __   _