Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Joey Hess wrote:

> Many sites have old isos, or no isos, or a nonstandard directory
> structure or filenames, earning a 0 in the "binary" column. And of
> course a lot of mirrors don't have source.

hmm, i have been skipping most of this thread.  what new isos ? i
was under the impression (as of the last few years) that isos are
generated once for a release and unless there are some exceptional
circumstances are never regenerated without an increment of some
kind.

at ftp.au.debian.org, we generated the images using jigdo and then
did a final sync against the "authoritative" images at cdimage.debian.org.

we never check after that for various reasons

o images are never supposed to change
o there could be some problem at cdimage which would wipe out our
  local archive also

so has there been some fundamental shift in the way debian is producing
iso images - as evidenced by the very high number of sites below which
get a 0 in the binary column ?

regards,

-jason