Re: Joliet support for s390 CDs

On Sun 17 Nov, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 November 2002 13:43, you wrote:
> > On Sun 10 Nov, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
>

> > If you want to make some new s390 CDs with Joliet support then you need to
> > add the -J option to mkisofs when the CD is made. This means setting the
> > MSISOFS variable in /etc/CONF.sh from the debian-cd package.
> >

> Thanks for your reply. When I grep in the debian-cd sources for the -J
> option, I find it in set_mkisofs_opts and boot-i386, boot-alpha. Am I
> supposed to change it for s390 in set_mkisofs_opts and boot-s390 as well?

Youe can either set 'override' options in the MSISOFS variable in
/etc/CONF.sh (for your personal set-up) or you can set the s390 options
more generally in boot-s390 - this would be the way to do it to change the
defaults in debian-cd for others.

There hasn't been much response to my suggestion that everyone should get
-J in boot-<arch> one way or the other. Can I suggest you make a patch
doing this for all arches and submit it? If there are problems with this
they'll come out in the sarge testing.

Wookey