Re: CDs + Manual

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:54:40PM +1000, michael wrote:
> I was looking on the debian site, and was wondering does debian have
> an Australian provider that sells debian with manuals, software
> CD's, etcetera? I have seen packs like this from redhat and
> mandrake, though not for debian.

For links to sites where you can buy Debian CDs, see
<http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/#au>. But I don't think you'll find
printed documentation - that's not common for Debian. (What you *will*
find is that Debian is significantly cheaper than other
distributions!)

>  And, if not, does debian have some form of online documentation for
>  using debian? Are there documentations on finished official debian
>  CD's?

Yes and yes. The installation manual can be viewed online at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>, I think.
Additionally, there's a copy on the first CD.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _