Re: jigdo

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 13:57, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 01:22:35PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > Also, the "the 3.0 rev0 CD images are only available via jigdo" on
> > the CD front page is no longer accurate, so that could go too.
>
> OK, it's gone in CVS and will be gone on www soon.
>
> However, IMHO, its's still a bit early to do this and we'll no doubt
> see lots of "mirror XY isn't updated" messages.

Hm, good point.  How about rephrasing it then.  Something like:

Only a few of our CD mirrors are likely to be offering actual CD images,
because the <a ...>Jigdo</a> approach is so much more effective.  If you
decide not to take advantage of the Jigdo approach, you'll have to hunt
the .iso image sites out for yourself amongst our listed mirrors,
because announcing them would totally slaughter their servers, thus
stopping you from using them.

What do you think?

Cheers, Phil.
--