Re: Debian 3.0 released. Jigdo files available.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 08:17:51PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:

>And all the people who've bothered to look into jigdo, and then
>mentioned it to me, seem to have got it working, and ended up with CDs
>faster and easier than they've ever managed with rsync.
>
>Good job Richard.  Well done :-)

Seconded. I was a little sceptical to start with, but I'm now very
impressed with jigdo. I no longer have to keep around all the images
for every architecture, as I can generate any given image locally in a
couple of minutes. That alone has saved me a lot of money in saved
disk space.

The one last thing that would make this perfect would be to (somehow,
I know it's hard) have jigdo create output on a pipe ready to go
straight into cdrecord with no intermediate image files...

--
Steve McIntyre, Plasmon                       smcintyre@software.plasmon.com
"They say that you play Cambridge twice - once on the way up and once on the