Re: Are there such things as diffs for various revision releases?

At 10:49 AM 02/07/22 -0500, Jorg Pitts wrote:
Will there be a diff release for say 3.0_r0 and 3.0_r1?

Yes. The magic word is "upgrade" ; go to a mirror like ftp.fsn.hu and look under "../debian/upgrade." I don't get the upgrade CDs myself ... I rsync from, say, _r5 to _r6; can take as little as 20 minutes on a 56k dialup.

So I can see what the differences are and not have to re-download the
entire new cd set, I could use my 3.0_r0 cd's change the different files
and create a 3.0_r1 cd set? Trying to not have to download as much as
possible, using 56k dialup here.

I like the CDs but I think most people would be happier using the upgrade tools like apt. YMMV.

Good luck, Gordon