Re: A Question.

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 22:46, jason andrade wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2002, Philip Hands wrote:
>
> > CD1 (without the _NONUS) is the same CD, stripped of all the non-US
> > packages, so is only of interest to people that decide they want to
> > abide by the USA's silly (mostly patent related) laws.
>
> hmm. isn't it about time that NON_US became cd#1 and instead there
> was a _US created ? :-)

That was my original intent.

I'm certainly happy to do it that way, and since I've always considered
1_NONUS to be the official CD#1, with 1 just being something to keep our
American chums cheerful, it makes perfect sense to me.

I seem to remember that The Society for the Easily Confused registered
an official complaint that having the server called non-US, and the CD
called US would cause problems, but clearly the reverse is also true, so
let's go for it --- probably best to leave it till 3.0_r1 though, eh ;-)

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/