Re: Debian 3.0 released. Jigdo files available and for DVD?

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 05:59:27PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
>On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 16:49, Michael Golly wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am searching the official Jigdo files for Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 for
>> DVD. Under the following link
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r0/jigdo/
>> I can find only the Jigdo files for CDs :-(
>
>Not yet.
>
>Steve, what's the deal with DVDs --- are we in a position to go for some
>official ones?

I don't see why not, to be honest.

>Is all the stuff I need in debian-cd these days?
>
>Like, just set the CD size to 5GB and go for it?  (yeah right, believe
>that, and you'll believe anything ;-)

*grin* That's all I've been doing lately. But I've only made DVDs for
i386 and source so far. I wouldn't be able to say if, for example,
we'd be able to make bootable sparc DVDs. Suck it and see, I guess.

>or do you fancy doing them, and zapping the jigdos up to open? (they'll
>need to be run through publish_cds though).

I would, but my link is a little busy right now and my upstream
bandwidth on cablemodem is abysmal for transfers that large.

>Also, where do we put them?  Just dump them in the same directory, and
>add them to the MD5SUMS seems simplest.  Called what?  This perhaps:
>
>  woody-i386-DVD-1.jigdo
>  woody-i386-DVD-1.template
>  woody-i386-DVD-1_NONUS.jigdo
>  woody-i386-DVD-1_NONUS.template

Works for me.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer