Re: jigdo-easy question

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:20:18PM -0400, Schaefer, Richard W (CASD, IT) wrote:
> I'm trying to use jigdo-easy to download the Debian CD images under
> Windows 2000. I have to get through a company firewall with
> authentication. Is this supported in jigdo-easy? If so, how do I
> specify the proxy server name, port and authentication data?

I guess by "company firewall with authentication" you really mean an
authenticated HTTP proxy.

It's supported, but jigdo-easy isn't prepared for it, you need to edit
the jigdo-easy.sh script itself.

In two places, the string "wget --user-agent" appears. Insert the
following options after the "wget":

-e ftp_proxy=http://LOCAL-PROXY:PORT/
-e http_proxy=http://LOCAL-PROXY:PORT/
--proxy-user=USER
--proxy-passwd=PASSWORD

(Insert all on the same line, don't start new lines.)

> This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use
> of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
> copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly
> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
> sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and
> destroy all copies.

Gnngh - this is just so *pointless*!
I sometimes don't answer mails with junk like this.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _