Re: Live CD with debootstrap and mkinitrd-cd

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 02:36, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 03:13:14AM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
>
> > No - but you might want to have a look at how Knoppix does it. Knoppix
> > actually uses a loop-compressed filesystem (see the cloop-* packages),
> > which is very cool because that way it can fit a 1.6 GB filesystem on
> > a normal CD!
>
> DHCP is broken on that distro, though.

On top of that, the description on how the distro works are rather
sketchy. One day, I'll download the ISO nonetheless - just because it
looks pretty cool.
In the meantime, I am playing with mklivecd
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mklivecd). I ran the older version
yesterday and got a working live CD within less than an hour - and that
includes the time it took for debootstrap to do its thing using a rather
slow internet connection. Looks quite promising.

--j