Live CD with debootstrap and mkinitrd-cd

Hi,

I would like to create a live CD using mkinitrd-cd and debootstrap. I
have a boot image and a complete Debian system that I created with
debootstrap. The first impulse was to burn the whole directory structure
containing the Debian system to CD and using the boot image created by
mkbootimg. But I guess I'd have problems with /var and /tmp, among
others. Soooo: Is there any documentation on how to do such a thing? The
docs that came with debootstrap and mkinitrd-cd are rather sparse.
Do I mount all of /var and /tmp on  /dev/ram? ? How exactly do I go
about that?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
--j