Re: Problem with Woody CD images via jigdo on ftp.hsn.hu

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:00:47PM +0200, Till Tippel wrote:
> There seems to be something wrong with the jigdo file
> woody-i386-1.iso.jigdo for Woody, CD 1, on
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/woody/jigdo/
> jigdo-lite always returns a "template checksum mismatch" error after
> downloading the .template. The .jigdo and the .template file do have
> different timestamps, maybe that's the problem? I'm using jigdo
> v0.6.6 (newest) on SuSE 7.1.

I realize I should probably make the "template checksum mismatch"
error message more verbose and explain what has happened:

The jigdo files on fsn.hu are updated every day. You started
downloading, and jigdo-lite fetched the jigdo file. Then the files got
updated on the server, and jigdo-lite fetched the updated version of
the template file. The jigdo file contains an md5 checksum of the
template file, and any mismatch of the actual and expected checksum is
reported as an error by jigdo-lite, because otherwise the download is
bound to fail later on.

The solution is to delete the .jigdo file on your harddisc and to run
jigdo-lite again. If the template file is today's version, you might
not need to delete it; if jigdo-lite still gives a checksum mismatch
error, also delete the template.

Hope this helps,

  Richard

--