Re: jigdo-lite failed with: Verbindung nach localhost:8080 zurückgewiesen.

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 07:24:36AM +0200, Markus Beppler wrote:
> Looking at the script I found you are useing "wget" to
> retrieve the files. wget connects by default to your
> local proxy. If you don't use one like I'm it failes.
>
> Please could you add about a short hint to set
> "use_proxy = off" in /etc/wgetrc or ~/.wgetrc if no
> proxy is installed.

?!?! If the wget package assumes you have a proxy on localhost:8080 and
doesn't work out-of-the-box, that's a bad wget bug. But I've never had
trouble with it (and my proxy runs on port 3128).

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/         araqnid@innocent.com
Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer                               araqnid@debian.org