Re: Burning a .raw file...

Hello,

> > That machine is already dying. I would need some slot 1 PIII processors to
> > speed that up, but they are very hard to find...
> Well, in an effort to get a bit less load on it, I'm offering
> push-triggered mirroring of the directory:
> ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/
Wow, that's great!
We are before a major reconstruction of the site, so I hope in the future
we can handle the load better (currently we are capped at 3000 concurrent
FTP clients :).
BTW, as turned out we have some problems with our ISP too, because their
international pipes went saturated, so that's why we are so slow from
outside Hungary.
We are working on this, but first we have to "legalise" this service, so
we decided to set up a foundation around that. This way we hope that we
can get an agreement from our current ISP (with the service parameters
laid down on paper) and we will try to get more hardware (AKA donations,
so money will also count) to build a system where we can put several
frontends to different ISPs in Hungary.
The first, we will try have multiple 2.5 Gbps connections to GEANT, the
European research network, but that race will be hard to win. :(
I hope that they can recognize the importance of this work, and they
decide to support us.
We'll see...

> Hmm.. Regarding that, when is the best time for me to run that rsync
> script? If I have others that mirror from me, it is probably good if I
> manage to avoid mirroring just when the archive is being updated.
Currently, the images are made daily on a separate machine and synced with
the public archive nearly every week, when I think it is time to do that
(I occassionally can test the images and if they are bad, I don't upload
them, but that depends very much on my spare time).
In the future I plan to do this differently, but that needs the current
upgrade first.

--------[ Free Software ISOs - ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/ ]-------
Attila Nagy					e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)		  phone @work: +361 210 1415 (194)