Re: http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ lacks a link to suitable ISOs

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:14:50AM +1200, Mark Robinson wrote:
> While http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ has a number of links to
> experimental ISOs for installing debain on machines with internal
> ISDN cards and for installing 3.0, it appears to lack a link or
> instructions for the rest of the world wanting to do a standard
> install on a machine with PPP or ethernet connectovity.
>
> Perhaps someone with the appropriate powers could update it.

Er, I guess "I have the powers", but AFAICT the info is all there.
Although I've never tried it myself, the CDs ought to support PPP
installs - and the page clearly says so. If you follow the "detailed
info about the installation" link at the bottom of the page, sooner or
later you will end up e.g. at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-init-config.en.html#s-PPP>,
which explains setting up PPP during the installation.

Hope this helps,

  Richard

PS: Is there any hope for official netinst images?
--
  __   _
  ¯ '` ¯