Re: debian cd-image mirrors and US export restrictions

Le Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:32:37PM +0100, Harald K. écrivait:
> In contrast to the package servers, the debian cd image mirrors are not
> separated according to this circumstances. Also the ones located in the US
> are containing the non-us variant of the first iso image. I dont understand
> why the US exports regulations seems to have no influence on the distributing
> of the cd images, which contain US sensitive software packages.
> If anyone has an idea on this topic, I would be gratefull for any remark.

US mirror of debian-cd should not distribute non-US CD images. However
they can distribute jigdo templates for non-US CDs since those files do not
contain the problematic packages, but just pointer to them.

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com