Re: CD's Debian-BR

Hola João,

lo siento, solo entiendo un poco de español (y casi nada de
portugués...) - tengo que responder en inglés.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:48:25PM -0300, João Flávio Ribeiro wrote:
> Estou tentando adquirir o conjunto completo do Debian-BR, mas não
> está fácil. O Site indica a linuxmall, mas tentei por duas tardes
> consecutivas sem sucesso (está sempre fora do ar!).

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but if you've really only
tried for two days, try a little longer.

In general, we only provide the links to Debian CD distributors, we
have no influence over how well (or not) they respond to CD orders...

> Vocês indicam outro canal para aquisição?

Look for other countries' entries in the list; many vendors (e.g. in
the US) ship internationally. Of course, the CDs get a bit more
expensive that way. Another way is to search for a Linux User Group in
your area and try to find someone who already has the CDs.

> Quantos CD's compõe a distribuição completa (com fontes e
> documentação) atualmente?

7, although you don't need all of them for a usable system, see
<http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#which-cd>

> Tenho ainda o Woody pré-lançado no último Fórum de Software Livre em
> maio, em Porto Alegre. É ainda a versão atual? Qual o índice de
> tradução dos pacotes para português/BR?

In general, a fully translated Portuguese version of Debian is not
available. However, quite a few command line programs and also many
Gnome/KDE programs have support for Portuguese. Documentation is
typically only in English.

> Finalmente, existem livros sobre o Debian ou sobre
> programação/desenvolvimento GNU/Linux produzidos pela comunidade
> Debian-BR?

I'm sure there are, but questions like this are more appropriate on
other mailing lists. There's no Portuguese user mailing list, just a
Spanish one, see <http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#mailing-list>

> Comercializo hardware em Florianópolis/SC e tenho interesse em
> começar a fornecer micros com o Debian pré-instalado,
> tanto em equipamentos novos como em máquinas recicladas

Debian pre-installed on recycled machines? That sounds cool!

> a partir de peças cedidas por meus clientes, que costumamos doar a
> jovens de baixa renda. Há alguma documentação para auxiliar na
> customização do Debian para diferentes tipos de hardware?

Yes, this should be covered by the installation manual which is stored
on the first CD (and a partial translation in install/doc/pt). The
manual is also available online at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>.

Cheers,

  Richard