Re: How does JIGDO fetch the debian packages?

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Richard Atterer wrote:

>> Does JIGDO understand /etc/apt/preferences ?
> No. The only thing it does is to fetch the selected Debian mirror from
> /etc/apt/sources.list, if present. I don't think jigdo will help you
> with your problem.

Thanks! BTW, I have also traced the jigdo-file script last night.

>> - Currently, I am using a simple shell script like this following.
>>   The problem is that it does not understand "/etc/apt/preferences"
> What's the problem - what aspect of the preferences file do you need?

Basically I am looking for apt/dpkg primitives that will
inform where to locate the debian packages based on
/etc/apt/preferences and /etc/apt/sources.list.

As I have mentioned, I would like (at office) to fetch
packages for my computer at home based on the result of
"dpkg --get-selections". Most are "stable" but I would
like to pin some unstable packages.

BTW, cmiiw, "apt-ftparchive" is inteligent enough to discard
duplications and to select the recent packages. But I have no
idea on how to check dependencies of a "Package" file.

regards,

--
Abdul Latip -- Angkasa Internet Junior Staff -- ANGIN.com
http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/ ----------------