Re: Comments on installing Pre 14 Disk #1

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

>> I am not sure if this belongs to debian-cd or debian-user; [...]
> I do not know if we are on the correct mailinglist, but I do have some
> comments on your issues.

Perhaps further follow ups of this thread should be in debian-user?

> [...] for obvious reasons, but is debconf level important enough
> for adding another question to the installation system?

Two reasons:

- It was asked/prompted in prior installation CDs that I have tried
  (potatos r1, r2, ...).

- "debconf" is something that makes Debian different!
   First time users (who do not upgrade), should be aware
   that "debconf" exists.

> I do not know why gpm is missing from the CD, but I do know that gpm
> previously could make the installation hang when installing on
> machines with no PS/2 mouse.

For the some reason, I am using gpm the make a non PS/2 mouse work.
(trial and error by using gpmconfig). But, perhaps kudzu is
a better way...

regards,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org -- http://rms46.vLSM.org --