Re: Unofficial woody MiniCD images updated

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:55:49AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On Jun 10, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > On Jun 09, Andrea Balzi wrote:
> > > I've try to install your MiniCD but I've found some problems.
> > > I've this error when I start the installation base system:
> > > Invalid Release file, no entry for main/binary-i386/Packages
> > > To resolve this error I've change the MiniCd with the first CD of unoffical
> > > Woody CD pack.
> > Grr, why does debootstrap need the *uncompressed* Packages file?  Look
> > for a fix shortly...
> All four CD images are now updated; sorry for the mixup.  I should
> know better than to mess with something that works to save a couple
> hundred kB for people :-)

It doesn't need the uncompressed Packages file, but it *does* need the
correct entry for the uncompressed Packages file in the Release file.

(In truth, it could probably avoid needing the entry in the Release file
too, but it does need it atm)

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''