Re: What kernel stuff on CD1? Was Still no TeX in CD#1

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 12:30, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Philip Hands wrote:
> > The good news is that TeX is in, the bad news is that packages such as
> > xdm, xfs & xterm are out.  This seems bad, but I suppose since gdm & kdm
> > are on there, and one can survive without xfs, and gnome-terminal is in,
> > we could actually live without those, but will the resulting lack of
> > x-window-system cause a problem with the tasks?
>
> Breaking X is imho a much worse than getting TeX on CD1. gnome-terminal
> is definitely not a replacement for xterm.

OK, the latest cut is much better:

  http://www.hands.com/~phil/woody-cd/pre6-pre8-package.diff.txt

Note' this is the diff against the "With X, but missing TeX" pre6, so
the fact that there is no mention of things like xdm means they're still
on CD#1

Things to note:

  erlang is still in, on the strength of its (spurious) listing as a
  non-US package, so once non-US is cleaned up, we'll have a load more
  space on CD#1.

  The three Non-US packages at the end of this, that have gone to CD#7,
  are also now in the main US archive, so are not in fact contaminating
  CD7 with non-US stuff.

  Having exchanged the kernel images for the kernel source, we should
  probably make sure that all the patches required to make the images
  we've removed also be included on CD#1 --- any suggestions on how to
  maintain a definitive list?

The jigdos that go with this are starting to appear here:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0-pre8/

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/