Re: What kernel stuff on CD1? Was Still no TeX in CD#1

One comment:

In pre6-pre7-package.diff.txt I see:

which seems to indicate that some of the bigger packages in CD #1 were
there just because we wanted to include the whole of non-US in the
first CD, not because of their popularity.

If we accept that a first "non-US" CD does not necessarily have to
contain the whole of non-US, we could change the way of generating
the CDs from "Including most of non-US in CD#1, excluding big packages"
to "Including packages from non-US in CD#1 according to their
popularity, as we already do for main packages".