Re: Still no TeX in CD#1

Previously Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> "These days"? Do you think everybody is using w**d, or is there something
> else you can use for writing papers, books, letters, faxes, creating posters?

For scientific documents *TeX is still pretty much the only real
solution, but with scientific community these days is only a minority
of Linux users. And the rest doesn't care about TeX, they'll use
something like abiword.

I find myself never using *TeX anymore for example, even though it used
to be the only thing I used a couple of years ago. These days I'm using
either docbook for documentation, the always present plain text or
abiword. Together those three cover all my needs.

Wichert.