Re: woody CDs...

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > What's going to be made available where for release? Just jigdo stuff?
> > http/ftp/rsync-able images? Of all CDs for all architectures, or just
> > some for some?
> The big question is, how the mirrors will handle the extra space
> requirements.
> If we count with just 7 CDs per arch (including src) we get 12*7=84 CDs
> (alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc,
> src).
> That's 650 MB*84= 54600 MB= 53.32 GBs.
> Who the hell will have a full mirror of that? That's another Debian
> mirror...

I will probably manage to have that online. If we drop the 40-45 gigs we
currently have in unofficial woody images and bring some more disk online
that we recently got our hands on.

/Mattias Wadenstein - a bit worried about how the server will handle the
load, what kind of temporary solution we can borrow and so on.