Re: Daily Debian DVD (large ISO) snapshots

Hello,

> I can only repeat myself: This is very cool! :-) I've sent off a note to
> DWN about it.
Thanks.

> One question: How long does one day's jigdo snapshot stay downloadable?
> In other words, how many days does your "debian-superseded" directory
> cover? [That directory on fsn.hu contains files that were deleted from
> unstable/testing during the last days.]
Currently 14 days. That means I have packages, deleted 14 days ago from
the Debian archive.

> If I calculated this correctly, people downloading a DVD image via modem
> would need a full week to complete the download, so it's probably
> impossible for them to get the images.
I don't know. I have a friend who burns daily snapshots from woody and
sid, but he has an ADSL connection, which is sligthly faster than a POTS
modem.

--------[ Free Software ISOs - ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/ ]-------
Attila Nagy					e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)		  phone @work: +361 210 1415 (194)