Re: Please test this woody cd image

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:06:44AM +0200, you wrote:
> Note that this ISO is small enough to burn to a 5cm (3 inch) CD-R/RW,
> and contains enough packages to install a functional version of Debian.

Heh, my wishes were granted. I found this just after I asked for it. :)
Definately cool, and less wasted bandwidth.

Works great on my laptop (new toshiba). The ability to run 2.4 kernel is
a major win on this one, I had trouble with the network in 2.2.

Fails on an older white box pentium (ca. 1996), I'll try to confirm
whether cd booting ever worked on that one.

Works on Dell Dimension XPS H266 (pentium II)

Fails on a gw2k P5-133. So does an old-style boot cd. (So there's no
degradation in functionality.)

--
Mike Stone