Re: vanilla as default or not

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 21:37, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> > Phil's argument that we consider the "vanilla" image default and so
> > should debian-cd is foolish IMHO.
>
> Well, it was more along the lines that "IF we consider vannalla default,
> then etc.", but since it's emerged that we don't, I'm completely OK with
> that, except perhaps that we need to do something about making sure that
> people grabbing the floppies could probably do with some hint that the
> stuff in the top directory might not be the best choice,
>
> Not that it will help most people --- If I'd not been part of this
> conversation, then I doubt I'd be reading the READMEs to see which my
> best bet was, I'd just grab the ones in .../current

Do you think it would be possible that we could provide CD image
labels for vendors, if they wanted to use them, which actually had the
names I suggested listed on the CD itself?

E.g.:

   Debian 3.0, Intel x86
   CD number 2 of 5
   SCSI boot CD

I agree that users don't usually read and generally just pop in CD#1
and try to boot it.