Re: Release notes

Le Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 04:58:18PM +0100, Rob Bradford écrivait:
> With the release nearly upon us this is an *URGENT* request for
> information regarding the woody release notes. The following issues need
> addressing.
>
> Draft release notes are available at
> http://www.debian.org/releases/woody

Concerning i386 : the ide flavor doesn't exist as a boot floppy flavor.
It does exist however as a kernel flavor ... not sure how to handle
that.

I also think that you should explain better how to setup a 2.4 kernel
for those who wish it. Booting on the third CD would install it
automatically, otherwise apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-{386,586tsc,686}

I also wish you can speak of discover, it is simple to install and it
may help many users by autoloading the required modules for their
hardware.

You also speak of a DVD distribution, while it may be possible, I've
never heard of someone doing it officially ... better leave it out until
we actually provide some DVD images ?

The section 3.3.1 about upgrading from pre-potato release links to the
upgrade-i386 directory which doesn't exist. I don't know if those files
will be added or if the section should be revamped (or deleted).