[Fwd: Re: 2.4 kernel as default boot kernel on CD #1 ??]

... and again.

--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 17:47, David Kimdon wrote:

> Yes, the bf2.4 kernel is described in the woody release notes as "an
> experimental flavor".

How hard is it to edit a text file?  Fire up your "pico", boys.

> However, debian-boot doesn't decide what the default kernel is on
> i386 (who does?).   If someone wants to revisit the question of what
> the default kernel should be perhaps such a discussion is appropriate
> on debian-devel.  In any case, I doubt such a change so close to
> release is possible.

I think it IS possible and should be done.  For the rare cases (if any
turn out to exist) where for some reason the 2.4 kernel will not work,
there is a fallback to a 2.2 kernel.

--- End Message ---