Re: Those task packages

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 05:16:43PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> IMHO we need to come up with something for woody.

No, we don't.

Make the stuff that you can work, and document the stuff that doesn't
work well. "The following tasks will only be complete if you have CD#X
available or have http apt sources available" is entirely
acceptable. Making up new features for tasksel isn't.

If you'd thought of this about six months ago, it would've been fine. You
didn't, so the CDs are going to be worse than we might like. Too
bad. We'll know better for next time.

Your goal right now is to get some CDs that allow you to do installs.
Document what can go wrong and how to avoid it going wrong, but beyond
that, nothing's necessary.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey