Please help with more instructions about how to download potatoe

Hey dude!
Did you actually try the instruction set you posted at http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/ch11.html?
I hate it when people say "all you gotta do..."  because invariably there is always more to do.
That's why linux is so very difficult for newbies to jump onto.  All the linux gurus out there are always saying "all you gotta do..."  and then leave us newbies grovelling in the dust begging for more help or giving up in frustration.
SO, I have to ask you, once I get to the /dists/stable/main/disks-XXXX/ directory, which one of the two folders there contain the Debian distribution that I can download?  One is labeled 2.2.26-2001-06-14/ and the other is labeled "current."  Each of of these directories contains subdirectories as well.  So, once again, I ask what is it that is "all I gotta do" to get the download of the "potatoe" Debian distribution?
Oh, and by the way, the readme seems to be written in Polish.  Not a lot of help to me.

 Let me quote some more of your instruction set:  "This one directory is all you need to get Debian up and running. After this, your new Debian system can connect directly to a Debian FTP mirror to automatically fetch and install anything else you need."  Hmmm........we'll see about that.
Thanks for your prompt response and please forgive my "flaming" attitude, but I'm trying to learn how to use linux and it is quite frustrating at times.
Thanks again.
Jim