Re: How do I create a Packages file?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 09:10:29PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
> > 	I have done all except create the so called "Packages" file. How do
> > I do that?
>
> dpkg-scanpackages or apt-ftparchive.

	Ahh that's it. Thanks.

	I am still stumped with something relatively simple (or I think it
is).

	I want to be able to add a series of packages to my Debian CD and
have them show up in the Advanced option (using dselect).

	Right now, I have: dists/stable/local/binary-386/admin/

	In this directory are all my "local" packages.

	I want to create a Packages file for this directory. I've tried
dpkg-scanpackages at various places, with various options and either
make mirrorcheck fails or debian-cd doesn't quite build the CD the way
that I want it..

	Where and with what options should I pass to dpkg-scanpackages in
order so that my CD be built correctly?

	Thanks
	Justin.

--