Re: Non-US or \"without Non-US\"?

On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 23:37:08 +0000
"Antonio Paolini" <greene@wappi.com> wrote:

> My english is very bad, but i think the explanation in the FAQ is not perfect.
> I don't understand this; i'm italian. I need the binary-i386-1 or the binary-i386 Non-US?

I think non-US is a bad name, im native english and i didnt understand it when i first considered debian !

"without non-US" is the distro with all the politically sensative programs (e.g. crypto) removed.

"Non-US" is the bit that can be added to "without non-US" to provide the complete distribution.

Its been mentioned before on -devel that they are bad names, but nobody has thought of better ones.

Glenn