Re: Debian DVDs

So sprach Tony Godshall am Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:34:26AM -0700:
> How about the opposite extreme of a release DVD: A release-
> agnostic CD that runs right off the CD, lets you enter a
> distrib mirror site and your chosen distrib and then runs a
> network-based install of stable, testing or unstable straight
> off the net (via ramdisk perhaps).

While this in theory is a nice idea, I doubt that this is practical, as
there are too many different methods to go to the net out there.  Some
people use modems, some isdn, some dsl with dhcp, some dsl pppoe &c.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de