Re: Debian DVDs

Media is passé

Seriously, all I want is media big enough to install the
base system.  Once I have networking, I apt-get the rest.
Even media a distribution or two behind is fine, given how
effective apt-get dist-upgrade is (esp. with a small
install).  Sure I get most of my packages from stable but I
generally need to get something from testing or unstable
anyway, and even from stable, I want the stuff with the security
updates!

How odd... when I went shopping yesterday for a replacement
for my trusty old slink cdrom, all I found were 3-cd sets!
All I want is enough to get to networking.

How about the opposite extreme of a release DVD: A release-
agnostic CD that runs right off the CD, lets you enter a
distrib mirror site and your chosen distrib and then runs a
network-based install of stable, testing or unstable straight
off the net (via ramdisk perhaps).