Re: 2.2r4: is binary-sparc-1_NONUS.iso really an ISO image?

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 12:53:58PM +1100, ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

>>How did you get the image? It either looks like it's been corrupted,
>
>>From www.planetmirror.com and checked against mirror.aarnet.edu.au with
>rsync. Both sites are in .au. There doesn't seem to be any random damage
>to the file, I looked at it with od and it's just the files in the .list
>concatenated together, with no padding.

Hmmm. There's something wrong with their copies then. I've just
created a new one using the PIK on my local mirror and I get

sledge:~$ ls -al /foo/pseudo-image
-rw-r--r--    1 steve    root     644112448 Dec 22 02:08 /foo/pseudo-image

which still doesn't match your size.

>>or you did a pseudo-image run and forgot to rsync it afterwards.
>
>As I mentioned, I don't have any existing files or ISOs so I started off
>by fetching the ISO from the first site mentioned. A rsync against the
>second site showed that the same ISO is also there.

I'd suggest that you do an rsync against the image on the main site,
as there are problems with the mirrored copies. I'd also contact the
admins on those sites to tell them of the error.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"They say that you play Cambridge twice - once on the way up and once on the