Re: woody ISOs for non-i386?

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 04:30:32PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> > m68k CDs bootable? For what? AFAIK m68k machines need to bootstrap from the
> > native OS. Maybe VME could use it, did you check with out vme hackers if
> > that is really neded? We never had bootable m68k CDs, did we?
>
> Well, don't know if they are bootable or not, but debian-cd has the
> boot-m68k scripts and they are run, it was a little error caused by the way
> I mirror things, it is solved already.
What happens in that script? I guess it puts some kind of rescue image into
the first blocks, like i386 images are made bootable? I am pretty sure
Amiga and Ataris can not boot from CD (there is amigalilo, but its not
packaged and it doenst help for CDs). Not sure about Macs, but you still
need MacOS to start linux. Some VMEs might boot from CD, no idea if that was
ever tested.

> Running make bin-official_images on debian-cd makes bootable also, and the
> scripts for m68k exist, so... I suppose they are bootable, but it would be
> good if some of the m68k guys could comment on this.
What more do you want to hear? (Cc to the list with the m68k guys).

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/