Help with Debian GNU/Linux Installation

I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux on my PC. I have a few ?s.
1. Can I burn the kernel images, loadlin.exe, the driver files(.bin) and
the base system files(.tgz) directly and use it for installation. OR shuld
I burn it in some particular format like ISO and then use it??? I have
access to a CD writer on Windows only. The software is DirectCD. How do I
create an installation CD from this??
2. Do I need the DOS Installer Batch files for CD ROM installation. If so
Thanx and Regards
Narasimhamurthy Giri,
Clemson University Computer Science Dept.
Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.