Re: cd-image for alliens

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Jerome Benoit wrote:

> Bonjour:
>
> I have tried without success to build a cd-image of the latest
> Xiamian-gnome (1.4)
> as the cd-image of the non-free distribution can be made (see archives):
> I cannot create efficient Packages{,.gz} files.
>
> Any idea ?

If you just want a CD with some packages and don't care much about the
structure, just dump the packages in some directory and execute the following
commands in the to-be top-level directory on the CD:
  dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null > Packages
  gzip -9 < Packages > Packages.gz
Make a .disk/info containing the disk label, let's say
  Ximian-Gnome 1.4 for Debian
and mkisofs, cdrecord. This should create a CD that's usable by apt-cdrom.

(I.e. no need for debian-cd if you're only doing "simple" stuff.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer