Re: No i386 ??

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Adriano Peluso wrote:

> Now I noticed that the ftp.fi.debian.org server has the 2.2r2 release.
> What's appened to the 2.2r3 ??

this is starting to need to be a FAQ.. :-)

there is no 2.2.r3 official iso release yet.  yes, it is being worked on.

please do not disturb the busy debian iso builder/tester, lest he get
upset.. and pause in his work which slows it down even more.

> Also, what kind of release is  potato_test ?

a test directory used for staging potato (2.2) releases.  files in it
eventually get linked back into a release hierarchy.  if you don't know
what it is, you probably shouldn't be using it.

> I started downloading from this Finnish ftp server but got A LOT of warnings.

such as ?

> Now: did I get the wrong release?

depends - 2.2r2 ISO images (and list files) are the current Official
ISO images.  if you're willing to wait a few days (i'm guessing - not
giving you an actual date!) then i think you'll be able to get 2.2r3
ISO images.

if its absolutely imperative you have a 2.2r3 ISO image *now*, you
should have a look at the list file format from 2.2r2, work out all
the packages that have changed and consider building your own iso
image - it will not be an Official one that has been tested though.

however it may be a useful learning experience.

hope this helps.

-jason