making cd's with only a subset of the packages?

Hi,

I'm using a small selection of debian packages on a number of boxes. To avoid using big cd's, and also to avoid having to make the selections over and over again, i'd like to create a small cd-image, with only a limited number of packages from unstable, and some locally created packages (like a custom kernel package).

I'd also like it to automatically install those selections when the installation nears completion - at the point where the installer asks if my apt sources are ok, and if he should start dselect. I'd like it if he would immediately start installing the selections i want.

My question is: what are the steps involved in making a cd like that? Can i use the debian-cd package for that (it seems it's more geared at making full distro cd's)?

As far as i can tell i need a local archive (i used apt-move to create one)

I guess for altering the initial install i'd have to alter the base system. Is there an elegant way to import those initial selections?

Thanks,

Mourad DC