Re: regarding potato images

On Sunday 07 January 2001 14:29, Jim Westveer wrote:
> Disk #4 will now have the udma66 kernel loaded onto it.
> (debian-cd CVS has been updated)
>
> So for i386/potato/woody the boot kernels are:
>
> CD#1: default kernel from boot-disks(i386)
> CD#2: compact
> CD#3: idepc
> CD#4: udma66
> CD#n: default kernel from boot-disks(i386)
>

> Ciao,
Forgive my ignorance, but I just had to de-lurk to ask this probably silly
question:
Can't you have multiple kernel images on the same cd, chosen via lilo (or
whatever boot loader is being used) just like when you have mulitple kernel
versions on you computer?

I like the simple approach of "if you have a udma66 hd controller, boot off
of cd #4", but it seems you could have a whole slew of kernels to choose from
on the last cd, which is likely to have plenty of space free for such things.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.